Details of Nine Dragon Heads 2004.
Period : 1st ~ 15th. April
Venue : Cheong Ju Art Center
Daecheong-lake & Culture Park.
1. Indoor Exhibition
Venue : Cheong-Ju City Art Centre Exhibition Hall
Set-up period : 1st ~ 3rd. April
Exhibition Period : 3rd~ 5th. April
Opening Reception : 3rd. April 15:00~
- the theme of works is open
- The exhibition is for all artists who are participating
in Nine Dragon Heads 2004.
- Installation, Sculpture, Mixed Media, Drawing.
- artists responsible for bringing suitable work and setting up their own work between 1st ~ 3rd . April.
- Also you can make an art work or installation directly in the exhibition hall during this period.
If you would like to work that way, please send your concept by @ mail beforehand.
Circumstance of Exhibition Hall
- Cheong-Ju Art Centre Exhibition Hall is mixed modern building
The Exhibition will use 3 different Halls.
Hall 1 and Hall 2 are each 18m x 20m x 3m H
Hall 3 is 20m x 25m x 5m H
Venue : Dae Cheong- Lake
Set-up period : 1st ~ 5th. April
Exhibition Period : 5th ~15h. April
Open Reception : 5th . April 15:00~
- the theme of works is Beautiful Garbage
The installation is opened to anybody invited to the Nine Dragon Heads 2004 who wishes to participate.
- Nature Art and Environment Art are most suitable for this event. Artists responsible for their own installation.
Set up between 1st.~ 5th . April. - Artists can choose the working area freely.
- Natural Materials must be used, for example Soil, Wood, Branches, Stones, Grass, Bamboo, leaf…etc.
If you feel you need chemical materials for your concept please discuss whether this will be acceptable before you begin your work
- Please bring your own tools, simple hardware can be purchased easily and cheaply.
Circumstance of Dae Cheong-Lake
- Beautiful Nature as water, pine trees, grasses, small hill, sports ground. It will be Springtime and coming into Cherry bloom and wild flowers.
Temperatures range between 15~20c (daytime) to 8~12 (Night)
3. Performance Art
Performance are will be divided 2-Phases as below
1st Phase ( Indoor ) : Cheong Ju Art Centre Exhibition Hall
3rd, April. 15:00 ~
2nd Phase ( Outdoor ) : Dae Cheong-Lake
5th, April. 15:00~
- the theme of works is open
- artists who were invited for Performance Art and who wish to participate
– Indoor Performance will use Exhibition Hall 3, the artwork will not be moved, so activity space will be between art works.
– Outdoor Performance will be at Dae Cheong-lake.
Free choose within installation works area.
- Indoor : Audio & Sound, Beam-Projector, Light ….etc.
- Outdoor : Not
4. Symposium - Lecture & Artist Talk
Venue : 9dragons Office
Date/Time : 1st~ 4th April 21:00~
- Symposium will be open to anybody who wishes to introduce their practice by Web-site, Video & Slide, Books, Catalogue with free talk.
Internet, Video Beam-Projector, Slide projector…etc.
Neo-Nomadic Party & Culture Survey
Neo-Nomadic Party is one of the concept of Nine Dragon Heads.
Each Artist brings Wine, Liqueur, Cheese etc. that is a speciality from their country and we will have party after Nine Dragon Heads 2004
Culture Survey will be held 6th~7th (2days)
Survey for participating Artists from other countries who will gain
understanding of Korean identity from Cultural Aesthetics.
The survey will visit the Temple, Museum, old market….etc.
Catalogue : Will be printed on 5th April ( Black&white ). Each artist put into 2 pages.
Poster : Will be print on 28th, Feb ( Colour )
Art Magazine & Press News
Pick-up to Arrival & Departure
Arrival on 31st . March .
Will be picked up by BUS (by 9dragons )
Others times are individual
Departure 8th. April.
Will be transported to airport by BUS (by 9dragons )
Others time are individual
Accommodation & Foods
Breakfast : Lodging House ( Western Style )
Lunch&Dinner : Restaurant ( Asian Style )
Further information can be obtained by Tel. & Fax
Tel.: 00 82 11 437 4521 Fax : 00 82 42 537 4521
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.9dragonheads.com